10 Ways to Build Your Personal Brand
1. Start with your character. What are your morals and values that distinguishes you from other individuals? How does your character define you?
2. Build your reputation. This takes a lifetime. But you have a lifetime to build it. How do people view you as a person? What do people think when they hear your name or see your face? Your reputation is what you say, think, and do aloud for people to see.
3. Ask yourself are you RESPECTED or RESPECTFUL? This goes a long way. One of the number one things that business people value in their lives is respect. Can you be respectful to the people you meet? Are you a respected individual? Because if you aren’t then no one will be able to take you seriously.
4. How’s your competence? What experience do you have with what you’re trying to sell? Are you credible for the information you’re giving out?
5. Build your network. Socialize with more people. Go to events, shake hands with people, have meaningful conversations, and collect business cards. These may come in handy. Networking is important to expanding your business or your brand. The more people that know about you, the better.
6. Raise your profile. Speak and write fluently. Make yourself sound educated because you are. Know what you’re talking about, know what you’re trying to accomplish. Get comfortable and let it rip. Share your ideas with people whether through internet posts, blogs, videos, or even books.
7. Use your mobile phone as well as social media. These 2 things are HUGE IN SOCIETY today. Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Instagram, Bebo, Plenty of Fish, eHarmony, GoogleChat, Snapchat, etc. Use these resources to your advantage.
8. Advertise on TV Channels. This will help your exploitation as well.
9. Make a website for access on the internet. Billions of people use the internet for almost everything they do. Why not make a website they can access while they’re already by the keyboard? Even on their mobile phones.
10. BE AUTHENTIC! BE ORIGINAL! BE YOURSELF! Don’t be something or someone you’re not. That’s already taken. There is only one YOU so if you’re not out there yet and you’re out there as someone else, how do you expect to sell yourself? Good question, I know.